Use your skills in specialty care to improve outcomes for our children and young people.
Nurses are an integral part of our patient care teams, performing a vital role in providing children and their families with the highest quality of care.
Nurses come to work here to utilise their skills in specialty care, improving outcomes for our children and young people, or to gain experience in one of the speciality services at Starship.
I like making a difference to the health of childrenKathy, Nurse
As a major teaching hospital and paediatric tertiary provider of care Starship offers a wide range of nursing specialities within the hospital and in the community. We seek to lead the nation in paediatric service delivery, in the provision of pre and post-graduate nursing education, and through the building of our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
- Excellent paediatric assessment and clinical skills
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
- Self-starting approach
- Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship with patients and families
- Positive interaction in a productive manner with all other members of the health care team
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage the diversity and volume of workload
- Enthusiasm and sense of humour
More From Starship
Search current job vacancies at Starship Children's Health