Menu Search Donate

If you need an interpreter

Interpreting services can be arranged for people who are hearing impaired or do not speak English as a first language. Arrangements can be made through the nurse in charge of the ward or department, or you can ask for an interpreter when confirming an outpatient clinic or day stay appointment by telephone.

If you are eligible for publicly funded healthcare, there is no charge for this service. This service is funded by Starship Children's Health.

For a translation of the following message into several languages, select If you need a trained interpreter, please ask the staff.

New Zealand Relay provides telecommunication services for people who are deaf, hearing impaired, deafblind and speech impaired. See for further information.

More From Starship