Collection of information
Health information is collected in order to provide appropriate care and treatment, for administration, and for teaching and research purposes.
As part of the Auckland District Health Board we will:
- treat all information confidentially
- give you access to your records
- respond to your request that corrections be made to information in your records
- respond to your complaint, if privacy has not been maintained.
The Health and Disabilities Act 1994, and other legislation, allows some Government Departments to request, and at Auckland District Health Board's discretion, be given specific information without your knowledge or consent.
For further information contact a Privacy Officer for Auckland District Health Board through our Contact Centre on (64 9) 367 0000.
- While you are in hospital, the patient enquiries desk will, if asked, release general information about your condition and the ward you are in.
- It is usual practice for a summary of your, or your child's care and treatment to be sent to your GP and/or referring doctor on discharge.
If you don't want this information released, please advise your nurse, key worker, or midwife immediately.
For more detailed information please see the Auckland District Health Board poster Notice to all patients on the collection of information.
More From Starship
Information, videos and factsheets on managing diabetes from the Starship Diabetes Team
The best care for you and your baby begins long before birth