Plain Films - Facial Bones, Sinuses
This document is only valid for the day on which it is accessed. Please read our disclaimer.
- If patient is cooperative facial views should be done erect and PA
- AP erect is a viable alternative, or supine if other options not possible
- Supine Brow up shoot through lateral will show fluid levels
- Standard views are:
- Occipito - mental
- OM 30 deg (for? FB pre MRI , erase Image plate first)
- Ensure Zygomatic arches are visible on OM 30. If there is concern about Zygomatic arches, do slit cone Townes view. This needs to be underpenetrated exposure - 3 density, central chamber on AEC
- Occipito-Frontal if there is concern about superior margins of orbits.
- SMV not done routinely -only at radiologist request.
- Occipito-frontal view (baseline at 30 deg)
- Occipito mental view (baseline at 55 deg)
- Must be erect (for fluid levels)
- Lateral (using finger exposure)
- OM on older patients -erect using Bucky
Did you find this information helpful?
- Date last published: 13 October 2017
- Document type: Imaging Protocol
- Services responsible: Paediatric Radiology
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE GUIDELINE UPDATES
Subscribe below if you want us to let you know about new or updated guidelines
More From Starship
Visit the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Paediatric Imaging to learn about the 'image gently' campaign