Family information and handouts
This site does not accept referrals or provide clinical advice in response to questions. If you are a New Zealand health professional seeking clinical advice, please use your local clinical pathway. If you are a New Zealand child patient, parent or caregiver seeking clinical advice, please contact your usual doctor. You can read the full site disclaimer here.
Information for families
Resources are available for families on the following allergy related topics:
Infant Feeding and Allergy Prevention
There are three documents in pdf available from the ASCIA website (https://www.allergy.org.au/patients/allergy-prevention) which can be downloaded and provided to patients, parents and carers as appropriate. These include an updated (2017) version of parent information on how to introduce solid foods for allergy prevention:
- ASCIA Guidelines for Infant Feeding and Allergy Prevention
- ASCIA Allergy Prevention FAQs
- ASCIA How to introduce solids to infants (updated 2017)
- An information sheet on purchasing adrenaline auto-injectors (EpiPens) can be downloaded for families.
ACC Claims for anaphylaxis
- Refer to Allergy New Zealand for more information.
Education and Training
- A free e-anaphylaxis training module is available for patients, families and the community on the ASCIA website
- Register with http://www.epiclub.co.nz/ to receive a free EpiPen® Training Device.
- Going to School with Food Allergies
- ASCIA checklist for patients transitioning from paediatrics to adult care
Document last reviewed: July 2017
More From Starship
Information about the Paediatric Society of New Zealand