Redevelopment at Starship
At Starship we are working hard to upgrade our facilities to provide a better environment for you and your child. Find out whether these changes will affect your visit to Starship.
Starship Children's Hospital has recently completed some major facility upgrades. These have been undertaken to improve the environment for patients and families, and to ensure we maintain the highest standards of care.
The changes you will see are:
- Renovations to the waiting room and clinics in the Level 3 Outpatients. These were completed on the 12th May 2017.
- Replacement of the patient lifts. One lift replacement has been completed and the remaining two are expected to be completed by September 2017.
- Refurbishment of the 5th floor General Paediatrics wards.
The completion of these projects will see services returning to their usual locations as follows:
- From Saturday 3rd June 2017 Ward 25AB patients will return to Level 5 in Starship and the Intensive Observation Area for patients will return to Ward 26A in Starship.
- From Tuesday 6th June 2017 the Day Stay Unit will move back to Level 2 Starship.
Thank you for your patience during these projects. We look forward to your feedback on the newly refurbished areas.
More From Starship
Information, videos and factsheets on managing diabetes from the Starship Diabetes Team
The best care for you and your baby begins long before birth