Starship supports breastfeeding mothers. If you need help with
breastfeeding or expressing while you are in hospital, please talk
to the nurse caring for your child. A lactation consultant is
available and your nurse can contact her if you are experiencing
There are breast pumps available for you to use if you are
Meals are provided by the ward for mothers breastfeeding their
baby (patient) under six months of age.
Breastfeeding/expressing rooms are located in:
- Children's Emergency Department, Level Two
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Level Two
- Outpatient Clinic, Level Three
- Ward 24B, Level Four. Mothers from all of Starship are
welcome to come and use this room. You do need to check
availability of the room through the nurse or ward clerk prior to
going to Ward 24B.
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Level Nine Auckland City