Registered Nurse - Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Starship Child Health
- Come and be a part of the ONLY dedicated Paediatric ICU in New Zealand
- Endless opportunities to extend and advance your nursing career
The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) within Starship Child Health is a national service for children requiring intensive care for longer than 24 hours, and a regional service for all children requiring intensive care or high dependency care.
Located in Auckland, New Zealand we are committed to delivering whānau-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whānau (family) as an important member of the care team.
As a unit, we offer:
- A comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme specifically tailored to you and your nursing background.
- Continuous support from our highly skilled senior staff to assist you in your on-going professional tertiary education in the form of post-graduate studies that we will both pay and provide study days for.
- Opportunities to participate in teaching, and current Australasian research studies PICU is involved in.
- Being the only unit of this kind within the country, the exposure and direct experience we can provide is second to none and will deliver a high level of job satisfaction working within this fast-paced unit.
Visit our Starship Child Health website to learn more about Nursing at Starship.
To view a full job description, please click here.
To be successful, you will need to have (or be eligible for) registration with the NZ Nursing Council and a current Annual Practising Certificate. Ideally, you will bring with you an ICU nursing background from a paediatric or adult setting – however we are also keen to speak with experienced paediatric nurses with a strong interest in PICU.
If you are currently overseas and interested in moving to NZ, we can provide you assistance with relocation and immigration. We are an accredited employer with the NZ Immigration service (www.nzis.govt.nz) and will be able to support you to get the required visa to work in NZ.
Feel free to email Recruitment Consultant, Vickie Shakur via VickieS@adhb.govt.nz for more information (including relocation details), or if you would like an initial chat before officially applying.
If you are ready to apply today, please click on the link below and submit your application attaching your CV & cover letter outlining your motivation towards working within PICU. Reference job code: AUC07323
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Children’s Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.