ASB has been a key member of the Starship Foundation corporate family since the hospital's inception in 1991.
ASB has been a key Starship supporter for almost 25 years. In that time, they've helped raise vital funds to pay for medical equipment, research and new technology. ASB's partnership with the Starship Foundation has helped our national children's hospital grow and mature into the state-of-the-art national asset it is today.
We are delighted to support the Starship Foundation as it continues to provide vital equipment, care and help to the patients, their families and staff of Starship Hospital. ASB's long-held relationship with Starship Foundation is based around an enormous respect for the work it does to enhance the wellbeing of New Zealand's young people, and we are always looking for new ways we can support the fantastic work it does.Barbara Chapman, ASB Chief Executive
ASB's support for Starship over the years
- In October 2016 ASB ran a term deposit campagin which raised $50,000 for the proposed redevelopment of the chidlren's emergency department at Starship.
- Recently, ASB supported Starship through their high interest savings account, Savings Plus. With each new Savings Plus account opened, ASB donated $10 to Starship's new Mobile Ear Clinic. Thanks to all the people who opened an ASB Savings Plus account. As a result of your efforts we've raised another $100,000 towards our Mobile Ear Clinic!
- Helping fund the Starship and Kidshealth websites.
- Providing Starship Foundation with financial services that allow us to process the donations we receive every day. This helps us reduce our operating costs so that we can use the money we raise to help children at Starship instead of on operating costs.
- Running cause-related marketing campaigns where ASB donates funds to a specific project on the opening of an account.
- Donating 'money can't buy' experiences through ASB's community partnerships to our Starship Spring Clean campaign in September such as 'Be a Zoo Keeper for a day'.
- On a monthly basis ASB staff volunteer their time to create journals for parents who have newborn babies in the care of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
As a Five Star Sponsor, ASB actively support their commitment to the community. This along with leading edge technology and banking services, make ASB a key strategic partner to the Starship Foundation.
Visit www.asb.co.nz for further information.