Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases
This document is only valid for the day on which it is accessed. Please read our disclaimer.
This page contains links to relevant information regarding recent emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, including links to local guidelines and documentation where available.
Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) plan for Emerging Viral Disease (EVD)
This plan was developed in response to the Ebola threat, however is intended to be used for similar serious, emerging diseases.
- ADHB Emerging Infectious Diseases page (intranet only)
- ADHB Infection Control Emerging Viral Disease page (intranet
- A draft Northern Region Referral Pathway for a Child with an Emerging Viral Disease (Ebola)
- An Admission Pathway for a Child with an Emerging Viral Disease (Ebola).
- A draft Process of Care Guideline for an infant, child or young person with an emerging viral disease.
- See the ADHB plan for Emerging Viral Diseases above.
- Royal Children's Hospital (Melbourne) guide for empiric
treatment of infectious diseases in suspected Ebola.
- New Zealand Ministry of Health Ebola page http://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/ebola-updates/ebola-information-health-professionals
- WHO Ebola page http://www.who.int/csr/disease/ebola/en/
- CDC Ebola page http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/
MERS-CoV (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus)
The Emerging Viral Disease plan will be used as a basis for clinical response (using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment - PPE).
- NZ Ministry of Health MERS-CoV page (http://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/middle-east-respiratory-syndrome-coronavirus-mers-cov)
- WHO MERS page http://www.who.int/emergencies/mers-cov/en/
- CDC MERS page http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/mers/
- Auckland Regional Public Health advice for health professionals (updated 15 January 2015) http://www.arphs.govt.nz/Portals/0/Health%20Information/HPA/HPA%202014/Measles%20HPA%2015%20January%202014.pdf
- New Zealand Ministry of Health page (http://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/measles-information-health-professionals).
- Starship Clinical Guideline on Measles
Did you find this information helpful?
- Date last published: 20 July 2015
- Document type: Clinical Guideline
- Owner: Greg Williams
- Editor: Greg Williams
- Review frequency: 2 years
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE GUIDELINE UPDATES
Subscribe below if you want us to let you know about new or updated guidelines
More From Starship
CareConnect TestSafe is a way for clinicians to get remote access to Starship clinical documents. Find out more...
Read about the governance process around the Starship Clinical Guidelines and how to format guidelines in development.