Oxygen - calibration of the MAXO Oxygen Analyser in NICU
This document is only valid for the day on which it is accessed. Please read our disclaimer.
- Remove analyser from respiratory circuit for calibration. Occlude port in circuit to ensure continued flow to infant.
- If the infant is receiving <60% oxygen then calibrate to
If the infant is receiving >60% oxygen the analyser needs to be calibrated to 100% oxygen.
- plug the analyser sensor to the calibration jig (from the equipment room)
- plug in a flow regulator to the oxygen port on the ponta and attach the calibration jig
- attach oxygen calibration jig to sensor
- set flow rate at 2 L/min of oxygen
- Turn unit on (on/off key).
- Press 'lock' key to unlock unit.
- Press 'cal'.
- Analyser will calibrate automatically (adjust á or â keys if
required, till calibration figure reached).
- if calibrating to air set analyser to 21%
- if calibrating to pure oxygen set analyser to 100%
- When calibration complete, analyser unit will lock automatically. Replace sensor into circuit.
Did you find this information helpful?
- Date last published: 30 April 2010
- Document type: Clinical Guideline
- Services responsible: Neonatology
- Owner: Newborn Services Clinical Practice Committee
- Editor: Sarah Bellhouse
- Review frequency: 2 years
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE GUIDELINE UPDATES
Subscribe below if you want us to let you know about new or updated guidelines