Paediatric Palliative Care Clinical Network
This site does not accept referrals or provide clinical advice in response to questions. If you are a New Zealand health professional seeking clinical advice, please use your local clinical pathway. If you are a New Zealand child patient, parent or caregiver seeking clinical advice, please contact your usual doctor. You can read the full site disclaimer here.
Purpose of the Network
The Paediatric Palliative Care Clinical Network leads and provides clinical oversight of the implementation of the Guidance for Integrated Paediatric Palliative Care Services in New Zealand. It provides advice on service and treatment issues to the Paediatric Society of New Zealand and Ministry of Health through the Palliative Care Advisory Group.
The role of the Clinical Network is to provide clinical leadership and oversight of the provision of services for children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families and whānau in New Zealand. This will be achieved by:
- Promoting a nationally co-ordinated and consistent approach to the delivery of PPC for children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families and whānau
- Leading the implementation of the recommendations of the document, "Guidance for Integrated Paediatric Palliative Care Services in New Zealand"
- Supporting the development of key clinical roles for PPC within DHBs or across DHB regions
- Providing expert clinical advice on service improvement, service development, treatment guidelines and service standards
- Maintaining effective linkages with important clinical (DHB and NGO) and non-clinical stakeholders including consumer groups
- Support the development of a national PPC database
- Develop a system for the monitoring and auditing of services to inform continuous quality improvement, supported by the PPC database
- Providing advice on other specific areas as requested by the Society and Ministry of Health
The network has:
- key contact list established
- MOU with Hospice NZ on collaborative care between hospices and paediatric services near completion
- funding gained from Ministry of Health for development of clinical guidelines for end-of-life care and pain management
- monthly clinical education programme established
Includes a link to the Guidance for Integrated Palliative Care Services in New Zealand
The New Zealand Paediatric Palliative Care Clinical Network with the support of the Ministry of Health have developed a set of guidelines for end-of life care.
Date: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Times: 0800 - 0900
Venue: By Video Conference: Dial in to PPC Meeting Room
More From Starship
Clinical Guidelines for End-of-Life Care developed by the National Palliative Care Clinical Network