Menu Search Donate

Allied Health

For information on Allied Health registration or membership see Allied Health jobs or one of the links below:

You will hold professional qualification in Audiology. Support is given to new graduates to obtain their Certificate of Clinical Competence which needs to be completed to become a full member of the society. 
For further information about membership, contact New Zealand Audiology Society at

Dietitians wishing to working at ADHB must be eligible for registration with the New Zealand Dietitians Board.

Occupational Therapists
Under the Health Practitioner Competence Assurance Act (HPCAA) 2003 Occupational Therapists need to be registered and have a current Annual Practicing Certificate

Pharmacy technicians working at ADHB must have a current qualification recognised by the Pharmacy Council or be studying towards one.   For further information about registration, contact

To work in New Zealand, Physiotherapists must have registration with the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand

Play Specialists
After two years' employment, play specialists can apply to become certified.  Certified hospital play specialists have met basic competency and experience requirements of the Hospital Play Specialists Association and are required to regularly update their knowledge and skills.
For further information about becoming a certified play specialist, see

Psychologists working at ADHB must have New Zealand registration as a psychologist.  The minimum academic requirements we have are for you to have a Masters degree in Psychology and a post graduate diploma e.g. in Clinical Psychology (or overseas equivalent).  The skills and abilities of psychologists are well recognised and qualifications and experience are appropriately matched in negotiated terms and conditions.
For further information about registration, contact

Social Workers
Social workers practicing at ADHB must have a recognised Social Work qualification and be eligible for registration in New Zealand. 
For further information about recognised qualifications registration, contact

Speech Language Therapists
For further information on becoming eligible to practise speech language therapy in New Zealand, contact

Vision and Hearing Testers
Qualification to work as a hearing and vision testers in New Zealand National Certificate in Community Support Services. (Vision and Hearing Screening) Level 3. This qualification is designed for employees who conduct vision and hearing screening tests with children as specified by the Ministry of Health through the `National
Vision Hearing Screening programme` and the `Well Child/Tamariki Ora National schedule.

The National Certificate in Community Support Services is organised by Careerforce. Part of the qualification is online and some by using workbooks provided by Careerforce

More From Starship