A comprehensive range of simulation education is available to health professionals including:
- Rapid refreshers of skills and equipment.
- Scenarios which allow teams to practice clinical skills, follow process, guidelines and algorithms in clinical care.
- Crisis Resource Management (CRM): a fully immersive team workshop combining the use of lifelike manikins and complex clinical scenarios to practice the non-clinical skills or human factors required to deliver best care.
- Environmental simulation to trial or test new systems or changes to clinical work places.
Starship Simulation Programme supports health professionals to advance their simulation skills through a range of train the trainers' workshops. A standardised, organisational methodology of simulation education provides familiarity for learners across child health.
Simulation training includes:
- Introduction to simulation: for educators new to simulation education.
- Simulation technician: for educators learning to operate computerised manikins.
- Simulation faculty development: for educators who will be delivering CRM workshops.
- Debriefing refresher: for simulation faculty who wish to practice debriefing.
Simulation and team training has shown to improve outcomes, patient safety and teamwork at Starship.
If you have a special interest in simulation and patient safety, contact Trish Wood to find out how you can be involved.